Monday, March 23, 2009

Friends and Family

We just got home from a dinner meeting with our friends in our Good Sam's RV club. We have belonged to this group about six years and all of the members are like family. Tonight several of our members were not there due to illness. One of our friends daughter died from a heart attack on Saturday. Two members of our Good Sam's have cancer, two others have had strokes within the last two years. Our members have had various health problems over the last year. The point is when we age 'stuff happens' . Having good health is a bonus. I think that is why I am personally working so hard with this Heart Challenge to eat properly, exercise and push myself so that I too will become healthier. It was hard for me to learn of the death of our friends daughter and to go and visit with them. (What do you say? Just a hug and to let them know that you care.) My daughter in-law died when she was 30 years old after she had had bi-pass surgery. Her low potassium levels prevented the heart from beating regularly and as a result she was in a coma for 6 weeks. My grandchildren need a grandma that sets an example for healthy living. I am doing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment