Monday, March 16, 2009

Learning to Make Better Choices

Every day on this program is a new learning experience. It is March 16th and we have been on the Heart Challenge for a month. I don't know what I was doing a year ago, but I do know that I feel healthier today than I did then. We spent most of last week in St. George, and I was concerned about exercising and food choices while we were away from home. I knew that it was going to be a challenge, and it was!! I was able to exercise every day, because it is now part of my daily routine. One evening it was 9:30 before I could exercise. The food choices were limited. I learned that I needed to be better prepared when I travel.
I am reading the book, Intuitive Eating and learning how to make peace with food and to free yourself from chronic dieting forever. Jalaine our nutritionist recommended this book to us. A quote from Intuitive Eating: "The tools of the Intuitive Eater are internal cues, not outside forces telling you what, when, and how much to eat. But to acquire and understand these internal cues, you need a new set of power tools--or rather, empowerment tools." (page 58) If you want to know more about the power tools--you need to read this book. The authors are Evenly Tribole, and Elyse Resch. Happy Reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment