Monday, April 20, 2009

Meal Planning

My biggest hurdle right now is meal planning. Marcia was telling me that she freezes meals and stores meals in containers. I asked her for more information and last week she brought me a book called "Dinner is Ready." This book is a complete guide to freezing 30 meals in just one day! This book has family friendly recipes, no strange recipes, no weird ingredients and all are freezer worthy. Marcia gave each one of the Challenge participants an information sheet on this book. I have already started making and freezing a few of the recipes for days when I don't have time to cook. I also have containers and Ziploc bags with snacks that I take with me in the car. The snacks that I have do not need to be refrigerated and are there when I am away from home for prolonged periods of time. Today we left home after breakfast and did not get home until after 2:00. Having snacks available helped curb my hunger until we were able to have lunch. I need to take all of this information and start planning meals for a week. I feel I am eating healthy, but I still have fruits and vegetables in my refrigerator that go bad before I use them. Before when I have tried to lose weight I have been so consumed with food and weight loss. This Challenge is very different I still am concerned about food and weight loss, but I am more concerned about my health and the future.

1 comment:

  1. I finally found you Linda!!! I am so proud of you doing this new adventure for better health! It is so inspiring!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete