Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Getting Healthier and Stronger

As I am writing this Blog, I can look out the window and I see the wind blowing and it is raining. It is quite a contrast from yesterday when it was a beautiful Spring day. Yesterday we were able to walk in the gardens on Temple Square. One of our trainers told us about a garden where Heber C. Kimball and some of his family members are buried. The garden is nestled in one of the neighborhoods within walking distance from the conference center. The walk is all up hill. We had one of our grandsons with us and I was able to walk up hill and keep up with him. My husband and one of the other garden guides walked much slower. We enjoyed this garden and saw some beautiful Sequoia (Redwood) trees. I am amazed everyday what I can do.
I just read an email from Traci about the "Race for Red" and training to run part of the race. I had planned on walking the race. After reading the email, I thought I might as well train to run. If I could run a block I would be thrilled. The "Race for Red - Walking vs. Running (a block) what will it be? Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering if I can get my body to run too...miracles can happen

    ReplyDelete